What is Voice Search
There are a couple new twists for the upcoming year you should be aware of.
On-Page search engine optimization has always been important. It is now even more so with the new Google algorithm released in October. The Algorithm evaluates each page separately for focus optimization and quality informational content. My instincts (which are usually spot on) are telling me it is tied directly into the newest trend in Internet search and it is important to now start optimizing for:
With the advent of A.I. and voice capability, more and more devices are being designed to accept voice search, including PCs. As an example, Microsoft has integrated Cortana into Windows 10 to power both text and voice search on all devices from your PC, to your phone, to the Xbox One.
“As of January 2018, there were already over a billion voice searches per month according to Alpine.AI research.” and “C
omscore predicts that half of all searches will be voice searches by 2020.”
Just like optimizing for mobile search is different than optimizing for desktop/organic search, voice search is different from both of those. People communicate differently when speaking to a device than when typing or texting for a search phrase and A.I. will be deciphering and learning from each search.
Because this is the age of immediate gratification, I predict voice will be the dominant way people will be doing searches on the Internet in the very near future.
Currently many studies are being completed analyzing voice search. Data is being gathered from home search results. As voice search becomes more prominent on PCs and mobile devices, more data will be available for keyword phrase research and getting ranked for voice. Until then we will all need to just stay on top of the changes in order to continue to beat out the competition.
From different articles I have read, here are a few things you should know about voice search:
- The average voice search loads in 4.6 seconds so your page speed is very important.
- 70.4% of voice search results come from https://
- The average voice search is 29 words.
- Schema doesn’t play as big a role in voice search
- Authority sites play a bigger role in voice search (this means you should start working on making your site an authority site)
- 41% of voice search results come from Featured Snippets (Answer Box). Voice searches fetch answers from Featured Snippet/Answer boxes. (order from me and I will help you get into the answer boxes)
- The average word count of a voice search result page is 2,312 words
- Approximately 75% of voice search results rank in the top 3 desktop organic search results for that query.
When should you start getting ready for voice search? Now! The time is now before your competition beats out your site.
Order a backlink package here and you receive quality backlinks and Free recommendations/instructions on how to optimize your site for voice search, how to optimize for the top three positions, how to optimize for the answer box and how make your website conversion friendly.
Backlinks On Steroids
Backlinks On Steroids